Upcoming book isn't so far out after all!

So, I just finished the galleys on a book called HER HERO AFTER DARK. It's due out in May 2012. The premise is that a wealthy patriot is financing genetic and stem cell research to enhance certain human abilities and to create the super-soldier of the future. Jeff Winston is the first human test subject, and he happens to be extremely STRONG.

There's been some discussion over how "far out" an idea this is and if I've gone off my Romantic suspense rocker. Lest anyone think I'm straying too far from a plausible near future with this premise, I give you the following article reporting on creating super strong mouse muscles. We all know after the mice come the primate studies, and soon thereafter, human experimentation.

http://www.gizmag.com/gene-tweak-doubles-muscle-strength/20879/

No comments:

Post a Comment