Russian Nuclear Sub fire

Here ya go. Straight out of the news, complete with pictures and all...the perfect opening premise for a book. I tell ya, I couldn't make this stuff up if I tried. The truth is so much more interesting sometimes!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/14/russia-nuclear-disaster-submarine-fire_n_1276660.html?icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cdl12%7Csec1_lnk3%26pLid%3D135782

The Russians said in December that this ship wasn't armed. Turns out that was propaganda and 16 nukes were on board. Lovely. But hear the deeper message...the Russian gov't. still engages in calculateed lying to the media to manipulate public beliefs and feelings. It's a technique called disinformation, and the USSR was the global master of it. Looks like Russia's returning more and more to its old, cold war ways. If I were to write that into a book today, I could expect the news in a year or two to reflect that.

No comments:

Post a Comment